A personal appeal from Noisebridge founding
member and Tor Project supporter Jacob Appelbaum
|We Are Noisebridge|
Noisebridge is an infrastructure provider for technical-creative projects, collaboratively run by its members. We are incorporated as a non-profit educational corporation for public benefit. We operate primarily in a 5,600 square-foot space located in the heart of San Francisco. We teach, we learn, we share. Read more about Noisebridge or watch a short video...
|We're located at:
OpenStreetMap - Google Maps
2 blocks South of 16th & Mission BART
|Create With Us!|
Our 5,200 square-foot space contains an electronics lab, machine shop, sewing/crafting supplies, two classrooms, conference area, library, darkroom, and kitchen. Everyone is welcome to use our many resources. Find others to create with. Find help with your projects. Help others with their projects. Learn, teach, share. Come to Noisebridge and create!
Noisebridge's hours are 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. New visitors are welcome any time (all ages, all skill levels), but it's best to visit in the evenings or during an event to make sure we have a volunteer to show you around and make introductions.
Events and Classes
You don't need to be a member to take or give a class or workshop at Noisebridge. All are welcome! Please see our events hosting page for more details.
Not all events make it onto this calendar. And some of the listings here may be out of date.
Many events only make it to the Discussion or Announcements mailing lists, IRC, our Noisebridge Meetup page <https://www.meetup.com/noisebridge>, or in person at Tuesday meetings. Best of all, Noisebridge is about people getting together at the space in San Francisco to do stuff. DO pay attention, as some eventSs just arise organically from the bottom up!
Want to host your event at Noisebridge? We like seeing classes and talks on interesting things pertaining to various subjects of hacking. Most of all, we like seeing familiar faces. Please participate in the space and our weekly Tuesday meetings to see if we're the right audience for what you want to share before announcing a new event. Additionally, please see our events hosting page for suggestions on how to use Noisebridge for your event/class/workshop.
Upcoming Events edit
Audio Church, Meet up for an hour long Show and Tell. Share the hardware and software instruments you've worked on at home or around Noisebridge.... all are strongly encouraged to attend and share their enthusiasm! Please add yourself to the wiki page and a one sentence re-cap of what you plan to bring. See you at 2pm! This will be our second meetup! Sunday, December 10, 14:00:
Conflict Resolution for the Holidays!, Learn how to better navigate challenging individuals and social situations with a fun and interactive workshop, just in time for the holidays! Thursday, December 14, 18:30:
New Space Meeting, HackItorium. Discussion of progress and ideas about Noisebridge's upcoming move and fundraising projects. See Moving for more details and previous meeting notes. Saturday, December 16, 18:00:
E - Every week.
1st - Certain weeks, e.g. 1st week only.
-2nd - Except certain weeks, or other schedule exceptions.
- E Take Out the Trash Night - Be sure to put bins out by midnight as the trash truck comes between 1:30 to 2:30am.
- E 2nd Monday of the Month, 6:00pm to 8:00 pm Make:SF Project Build Hello Makers, We continue our maker journey and our December MeetUp will be at the historic NoiseBridge! We'll have our usual selection of projects. Each one is merely $10, and you take it home with you after you build it with our gear. December we have an additional food project. If you have your own project or idea, bring it! First timers and skilled makers come to this meetup and its always fun and informative. RSVP to our Meetup page and I will connect you with the info on how you too can be excellent at NoiseBridge.  Mondays are very busy at NoiseBridge. We predict you will return to NoiseBridge soon for their classes. Diana 271-4286.
- E 7:00 pm to 9:00 pm Circuit Hacking Mondays Learn to solder! And make cool things with electronics. Mitch, J, Rolf, Miloh, Cedric, Cheng, Greg, and/or a host of others will bring kits-for-purchase to make cool, hackable things for all skill levels that you can bring home after you make them! Many designed for absolute beginners! Bring your own projects to hack! Bring things to fix! All ages. All are welcome! See the Discuss list and the Announce list for weekly updates.
- E 7:00 pm to 9:00 pm Intermediate Python with PyClass - Crash course in the Python standard library. Monday session is held in Church Classroom.
- E 8:30 pm to 11:30 pm Gamebridge Unityversity Game Dev Tuesdays - Beginner-friendly game development class and meetup, learn and share C# Unity coding, 2D/3D art, design, writing and audio. Learn how to mentor and help teach game dev. (Noise Square Table).
- E 8:00 pm Noisebridge Weekly Meeting - Introducing new people and events to the space, general discussion, and decision-making on key issues. This is your space, folks. Come on out here in person to express what you think about what's going on with it!
- 2nd, 4th Wednesday - 7:00 pm to 9:00 pm Crypto Builder's Meetup -- Join up for casual lightning talks and hacking on crypto/blockchain/decentralization in the Hackatorium. For Crypto Builder's Meetup on December 6th, the even will not be taking place at Noisebridge, but instead Digital Garage. For more information visit: https://www.meetup.com/sfhackdays/events/245397417/
- 1st 3rd 5th 8:30 pm to 10:30pm pm FUN Tutoring in Church or CollaborationStations Meetup! - Join up for casual lightning talks aSnd hacking on crypto/blockchain/decentralized in the Hackatorium.
- E 8:00 pm to 10:00 pm Dream Team Neuro Hackery - EEG research & development project with general interest in sleep, dreaming, creative intelligence, and many loosely related topics such as: neurophysiology, signal processing, cognitive neuroscience, and (especially) hacking code and devices for data acquisition and analysis. Join us at the CollaborationStation (near the Hackatorium). Expect general discussion around 8 PM - usually moving along by 9 PM to focus on more technical aspects of current project.
- 1st,3rd 8:00 pm to 9:00 pm Haskell Class in Church.
- E Trash Night -- Round Two - Take out the trash for Friday morning! Do it by midnight as truck comes ~1:30am to 2:30am.
- E 8:00 pm to 9:00pm Five Minutes of Fame a.k.a. 5MoF - Ten 5min talks in an hour, on any topic! Small 5MoFs every Thursday-ish, bigger ones on the 3rd Thursday of the month.
- biweekly 7:00 pm to 8:30 pm Laser Safety Training every other Thursday evening. RSVP on meetup.com
- E 7:00 pm to 9:00 pm Math class in Turing! Right now we're proving our way through Munkres's Topology.
- 3rd Noisebridge Gaming Archivists Meetup 6:00 pm to 10:00 pm -- Come play, fix, mod retro consoles. Create and play is our motto! If you like video games, this is the place for you.
- 1st 3rd 5th 7:00 pm to 8:30 pm Computerology (The study of computers, or any kind of work with computers; computing.) in Church or CollaborationStation.
- 1st 3rd 5th 8:30 pm to 10:30pm pm FUN Tutoring in Church or CollaborationStation
- E 4:00 pm to 10:00 pm - Privacy hackathon! Developers, designers, activists, journalists, and concerned citizens are all welcome to join us every Saturday at Noisebridge (at the tables in the back) to help contribute to free, open source, privacy-enhancing softwar8:00 pm to 10:00e that the world desperately needs. Brought to you by the Cypherpunks Write Code meetup group <-- you can RSVP here. Edward Snowden risked everything to teach us how badly new privacy-enhancing software needs to exist. Let's make it happen!
- E 11:00 am to 1:00 pm Sunday Morning iOS Peer Lab Meetup - iOS Meetup for people want to hack together. Feel free to do whatever you want: work on your project, ask and teach each other, have a chat with folks.
- alternating monthly 1:00 pm Monthly Lock Sport Collaboration: Come learn how to pick locks and learn more about them with the SF Bay Area chapter of TOOOL. The group meets on alternating months at Noisebridge and in San Jose. Check the [httpsS://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/tooolsf TOOOL SF announcement list] for details.
- E 2:00 pm to 5:00 pm Hack Days - We're getting together every Sunday and working on stuff together! (Bots/Robotics/Cybernetics/AI/ML/Crypto/Infrastructure/Dapps/etc). We're all about learning, sharing, and building together. church Bring what you're working on, or at least a healthy appetite to learn and share. All-in-all this will be a space to philosophize and dream as much as practice, hack, and publish. :)
You don't need to be a member to take or give a class or workshop at Noisebridge. All are welcome!
Want to host your event at Noisebridge? We like seeing classes and talks on interesting things pertaining to wide subject of hacking. Most of all we like seeing familiar faces, please participate in the space and our weekly Tuesday meetings to see if we're the right audience for what you want to share before announcing a new event. Additionally here are some Hosting an Event tips.
Intro Poster: How we explain ourselves to new visitors.
Resources: Stuff in the space -- computer network & servers, project areas, tools, bulk orders from Digikey/McMaster/Mouser.
Safety in the Space: What to do in case of an emergency.
Press Coverage: mentions of Noisebridge in the media (both blog and dead tree).
Identity: A collection of resources revolving around our identity and logo.
Hackerspace Infos: Howtos, Background, and friendly Hackerspaces elsewhere.
Get in Touch
- Press: Please see our Press Kit - Includes press contacts, pictures, background info, etc.
- Contacts - General contact details for the space
- Mailinglist - Best way to keep informed of upcoming events
- Facebook group
- IRC channel - irc://chat.freenode.net/#noisebridge
- Call the red payphone +1 415 494 2858
- Legal Requests (information removal, etc)
- Here is our mailing address (different from our physical address):
2261 Market Street #235-A
San Francisco, CA 94114
- Or just drop by the space. We're open almost all the time (24/7), and everyone is welcome -- all ages, all skill levels:
2169 Mission St, 3rd floor
San Francisco, CA 94103
Noisebridge is up! We began building Noisebridge in February 2007. Since December 2007 we've had regular Tuesday meetings, and rented our first physical space as of October 1st 2008. We quickly outgrew our first space and have been at our much larger 5,200 square-foot second location since October 1st 2009. We are a tax-exempt 501(c)(3) organization as of July 2009, retroactive to October 2008.