A personal appeal from Noisebridge founding
member and Tor Project supporter Jacob Appelbaum
|We Are Noisebridge|
Noisebridge is an infrastructure provider for technical-creative projects, collaboratively run by its members. We are incorporated as a non-profit educational corporation for public benefit. We operate primarily in a 5,600 square-foot space located in the heart of San Francisco. We teach, we learn, we share. Read more about Noisebridge or watch a short video...
|We're located at:
OpenStreetMap - Google Maps
2 blocks South of 16th & Mission BART
|Create With Us!|
Our 5,200 square-foot space contains an electronics lab, machine shop, sewing/crafting supplies, two classrooms, conference area, library, darkroom, and kitchen. Everyone is welcome to use our many resources. Find others to create with. Find help with your projects. Help others with their projects. Learn, teach, share. Come to Noisebridge and create!
Noisebridge's hours are 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. New visitors are welcome any time (all ages, all skill levels), but it's best to visit in the evenings or during an event to make sure we have a volunteer to show you around and make introductions.
Events and Classes
You don't need to be a member to take or give a class or workshop at Noisebridge. All are welcome! Please see our events hosting page for more details.
Not all events make it onto this calendar. Many events only make it to the Discussion or Announcements mailing lists, IRC or in person at Tuesday meetings. Best of all, Noisebridge is about people getting together at the space in San Francisco to do stuff. DO pay attention, as some events just arise organically from the bottom up!
Want to host your event at Noisebridge? We like seeing classes and talks on interesting things pertaining to various subjects of hacking. Most of all, we like seeing familiar faces. Please participate in the space and our weekly Tuesday meetings to see if we're the right audience for what you want to share before announcing a new event. Additionally, please see our events hosting page for suggestions on how to use Noisebridge for your event/class/workshop.
Upcoming Events edit
No weekday Upcoming Events listed for January '17
GODWAFFLE NOISE PANCAKES,
The 21-Jan-2017 GODWAFFLE NOISE PANCAKES has experimental acts, electronic sounds, & noise, with gourmet vegan pancakes!
Bands: Damion Romero (L.A.), Vulcanus 68, Jack Hertz, Telecaves (L.A.), Wall Saturday, January 21, 12:00:
STEM Academy Field Trip,
4-Feb-2017 Field Trip We will have teenagers from The STEM Academy get a tour of Noisebridge and learn to solder
Anyone is welcome to come and help with this event. Contact "J" for more information. Saturday, February 4, 12:00:
GODWAFFLE NOISE PANCAKES,
The 11-Feb-2017 GODWAFFLE NOISE PANCAKES has experimental acts, electronic sounds, & noise, with gourmet vegan pancakes!
Bands: Compression of the Chest Cavity Miracle (L.A.), Angst Hase Pfeffer Nase, DOTR (PA), Coagulator, James Williamson Saturday, February 11, 12:00:
GODWAFFLE NOISE PANCAKES,
The 11-Mar-2017 GODWAFFLE NOISE PANCAKES has experimental acts, electronic sounds, & noise, with gourmet vegan pancakes!
Bands: I Should Have Cut The Eyes Different (Branpos/Ingalls/Grusel), Turjurikkuja, Jen Belleville & Kevin Cocoran, Coconut, Clarke Robinson Saturday, March 11, 12:00:
GODWAFFLE NOISE PANCAKES,
The 08-Apr-2017 GODWAFFLE NOISE PANCAKES has experimental acts, electronic sounds, & noise, with gourmet vegan pancakes!
Bands: TBD Saturday, April 8, 12:00:
Recurring Events edit
E - Every week.
1st - Certain weeks, e.g. 1st week only.
-2nd - Except certain weeks, or other schedule exceptions.
- E 7:00 pm to 9:00 pm Circuit Hacking Mondays (CHM will be on break until after the holidays, the next one is 1/9/2017) - Learn to solder! And make cool things with electronics. Mitch, J, Rolf, Miloh, Cedric, Cheng, Greg, and/or a host of others will bring kits-for-purchase to make cool, hackable things for all skill levels that you can bring home after you make them! Many designed for absolute beginners! Bring your own projects to hack! Bring things to fix! All ages. All are welcome! See the Discuss list and the Announce list for weekly updates.
- 2nd 7:00pm to 9:00pm Cryptopal working group - Learn cryptography through coding challenges that demonstrate attacks on real-world cryptography. A different way to learn than taking a class or reading a book!
- E Take Out the Trash Night -- Round One Be sure to put bins out by midnight as the trash truck comes between 1:30 to 2:30am.
- E 7:00 pm to 9:00 pm Intermediate Python with PyClass - Crash course in the Python standard library. Monday session is held in Turing Classroom.
- E 5:00 pm to 7:30 pm Songbridge Music Making Tuesdays - Beginner-friendly music making and mentoring meetup with Ableton/GarageBand/Logic tutorials for beginners and peer collabs. (Noise Square Table).
- 1st 3rd 6:30 pm to 8:30 pm Sewing and Crafting - Come learn how to use the sewing machines or just work on a craft (e.g. knitting, crocheting, felt working, embroidery, leatherworking, beading, etc.). All skill levels are welcome.
- E 7:00 pm to 9:00 pm Ruby and Rails class - Seminar and workshop for learning everything about Ruby, Rails, and web application development (Church classroom). See the Announce list for weekly updates.
- E 8:30 pm to 11:30 pm Gamebridge Unityversity Game Dev Tuesdays - Beginner-friendly game development class and meetup, learn and share C# Unity coding, 2D/3D art, design, writing and audio. Learn how to mentor and help teach game dev. (Noise Square Table).
- E 8:00 pm Noisebridge Weekly Meeting - Introducing new people and events to the space, general discussion, and decision-making on key issues. This is your space, folks. Come on out here in person to express what you think about what's going on with it!
- E (On hiatus for the month of November) A Hacker's Introduction to Machine Learning : Lectures, discussions, and implementation notes regarding a weekly topic in machine learning. Updates and details here: MachineLearning.
- alternating monthly 6:30 pm to 9:30 pm - Cyberspectrum: Software Defined Radio Meetup in the Hackatorium(new): A place to learn and exchange ideas about SDR. Presentations on concepts, mystery signals, hardware/software and cool applications. Event alternates monthly between SF and the South Bay.
- 1st Wednesday of every month, 7:30-9. with Software; Art() Present your personal and expressive art made with software/hardware of your own making and get feedback and critical dialogue from fellow artist/technologists. Note: next meeting November 2 (not in October) [Last upateded September, 2016].
- E 8:00 pm to 10:00 pm Dream Team Neuro Hackery - EEG research & development project with general interest in sleep, dreaming, creative intelligence, and many loosely related topics such as: neurophysiology, signal processing, cognitive neuroscience, and (especially) hacking code and devices for data acquisition and analysis. Join us at the CollaborationStation (near the Hackatorium). Expect general discussion around 8 PM - usually moving along by 9 PM to focus on more technical aspects of current project.
- E 7:30 pm to 9:00 pm - Career Change: How to kickstart your new career in web development
- 1st 3rd 7:00 pm DefCon 415 Group Hacker Meetup Description: Hacking, computer security, Digital Rights, Privacy, Decentralization, Anarchism, CyberPunk, etc a(A)a
- E Trash Night -- Round Two - Take out the trash for Friday morning! Do it by midnight as truck comes ~1:30am to 2:30am.
- E 7:30 pm to 10:00 pm The Go group meets up on Wednesdays and Thursdays to play.
- E 8:00 pm to 9:00 pm 5 Minutes of Fame 5 minute lightning talks from the SF community
- E 8:00 pm to 9:00pm Five Minutes of Fame a.k.a. 5MoF - Ten 5min talks in an hour, on any topic! Every 3rd Thursday of the month.
- biweekly 7:00 pm to 8:30 pm Programming for Interviews every other Thursday evening. RSVP on meetup.com
- biweekly 7:00 pm to 8:30 pm Laser Safety Training every other Thursday evening. RSVP on meetup.com
- 1st 3rd 5th 6:00 pm to 8:00 pm Computerology in Turing or CollaborationStation, understanding and using computers
- 1st 3rd 5th 8:00 pm to 10:00 pm FUN Tutoring @ CollaborationStation
- 3rd Noisebridge Gaming Archivists Meetup 6:00 pm to 10:00 pm -- Come play, fix, mod retro consoles. Create and play is our motto! If you like video games, this is the place for you.
- E 1:00 pm to 2:00 pm CPP Class discussion in Hackitorum/Fox Lounge/Church. Currently looking for folks wanting to help plan out lessons.
- E 1:00 pm Zine Hacking Hacking on the good ol' fashioned analog Zine with Torrie, Mari and anyone who wants to come and be excellent and make excellent art.
- alternating monthly 3:00 pm Goths & Crafts Spooky people making spooky things in the sewing area. All kinds of crafts welcome and things don't necessarily have to be goth. But if you have an eye towards the darker side of the color spectrum, this may be for you!
- E 12:30 pm to 7:30 pm Dungeons and Dragons in Church, currently looking for new players.
- alternating monthly 1:00 pm Monthly Lock Sport Collaboration: Come learn how to pick locks and learn more about them with the SF Bay Area chapter of TOOOL. The group meets on alternating months at Noisebridge and in San Jose. Check the TOOOL SF announcement list for details.
- E 3:00 pm Go - Playing of the Go board game. On nice days we often take the boards to Dolores Park and play there.
- E 6:00 pm Plan 9 class (if not Noisebridge check Sycamore)
- E 12:00 pm to 4:00 pm .impact Workathons in Turing classrom. Work on projects that will help humanity & beyond.
You don't need to be a member to take or give a class or workshop at Noisebridge. All are welcome!
Want to host your event at Noisebridge? We like seeing classes and talks on interesting things pertaining to wide subject of hacking. Most of all we like seeing familiar faces, please participate in the space and our weekly Tuesday meetings to see if we're the right audience for what you want to share before announcing a new event. Additionally here are some Hosting an Event tips.
Intro Poster: How we explain ourselves to new visitors.
Resources: Stuff in the space -- computer network & servers, project areas, tools, bulk orders from Digikey/McMaster/Mouser.
Safety in the Space: What to do in case of an emergency.
Press Coverage: mentions of Noisebridge in the media (both blog and dead tree).
Identity: A collection of resources revolving around our identity and logo.
Hackerspace Infos: Howtos, Background, and friendly Hackerspaces elsewhere.
Get in Touch
- Press: Please see our Press Kit - Includes press contacts, pictures, background info, etc.
- Contacts - General contact details for the space
- Mailinglist - Best way to keep informed of upcoming events
- Facebook group
- IRC channel - irc://chat.freenode.net/#noisebridge
- Call the red payphone +1 415 494 2858
- Legal Requests (information removal, etc)
- Here is our mailing address (different from our physical address):
2261 Market Street #235-A
San Francisco, CA 94114
- Or just drop by the space. We're open almost all the time (24/7), and everyone is welcome -- all ages, all skill levels:
2169 Mission St, 3rd floor
San Francisco, CA 94103
Noisebridge is up! We began building Noisebridge in February 2007. Since December 2007 we've had regular Tuesday meetings, and rented our first physical space as of October 1st 2008. We quickly outgrew our first space and have been at our much larger 5,200 square-foot second location since October 1st 2009. We are a tax-exempt 501(c)(3) organization as of July 2009, retroactive to October 2008.