It's a reference to a Toy Dolls song.
 Real Name
Dougie, Doug, Douglas, some variation somewhere in there. I really don't care that much, and try to not take myself too seriously.
 Contact Info
 Circuit Bent CRT Oscilloscope
I want to make these:
http://geektechnique.org/projectlab/707/how-to-make-mac-se30-audio-visualizers http://www.flce.se/wfg.htm http://www.c-trl.com/68k/ http://censtron.com/ http://www.instructables.com/id/CRT_oscilloscope_more_of_an_audiovisual_display/ http://www.zyra.org.uk/oscope.htm http://markbowers.org/blog/crt-oscilliscope http://www.nbb.cornell.edu/neurobio/land/PROJECTS/VideoScope/ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WeswULejXeQ&feature=related http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLStyVTm4BI
I have a proof of concept utilizing a cold plate from a jockey box, some Peltier coolers and a Macintosh Plus case to create as far as I know... the world's first solid state Thermo-Electric Beer Server. It has passed an initial alpha test, but requires some beta testing.
 Urban Assault Vehicle
Stella and I just bought a 1972 Winnebago Brave we in the process of hacking.
- It of course is requiring some mechanical upkeep, but this vehicle is older by far than the vast majority of NB members and is arguably in better shape.
- We are installing an EVDO card, WiFi router, new speakers on the inside, KVM mounted to a wall, on board computer for music/movies, PA system outside, lots of lights...
- We are painting the whole thing matte silver on the outside, medical white on the inside, blackout fabric curtains, lots of fans...
- We are making a permanent bar in the rear, and maybe install a beer keg and/or absinthe fountain.
- Basically we are making the best possible place EVAR to hang out at Burning Man during a dust storm.
It's putting the RV back in RIVET
 Other Projects/Interests
- Homebrewed Beer
- Knots and ropework
- Natural Languages (rusty but decent Spanish, learning German, dabbled with Romanian & Scots Gaelic)
- I pay the bills as an Apple Certified Trainer, so I teach newbs how to deploy and maintain Mac OS X, Mac OS X Server in various ways, and repair the hardware under warranty. I could teach (of the record, nothing relating to my company or Apple) some of the basics of networking, basic Unix navigation and troubleshooting MOSX systems.
- I don't claim to be a Unix guru, but I know enough to usually get the job done. If I do end up teaching a basic Unix navigation session, I assume that many of y'all will know more than I do. :)