Information about any 2D printer accessible within the Noisebridge network should be listed here. If you're adding a new printer, a good suggestion would be to post user/password information physically onto the printer and to email our rack list.
If you need to connect to a printer try searching for printers within your OS's printer config doodad. Currently they should automagically show up, if not see what tossing around the IP address of a printer can do for you.
 Current printers
Currently (May 2013) there is one known-good 2D printer in the space.
 Brother HL-2070N
Small laser printer located next to the electronics bench.
- IP: 172.30.0.56
- Ubuntu drivers: sudo apt-get install brother-cups-wrapper-laser brother-lpr-drivers-laser
- Mac and Windows drivers: 
Configured using BRAdmin Pro
Printer configuration password is "noisebridge"
 Old printers
These printers may or may not still be in the space and/or currently operational. Please edit this page if you find out!
 HP LaserJet 5Si MX (treechopper)
- IP: 172.30.0.6
Speaks the usual JetDirect stuff on port 9000. Supports PCL and Postscript. See the Network page for the current address.
 Step-by-step setup
Find your computer's list of printers. Add a new printer. Choose to add it under IPP protocol rather than a direct USB connection. The IP address (as of June 5) is 172.30.0.6 .
 For Mac (OS X 10.4+)
Esqg 20:32, 5 June 2010 (UTC)
- System Preferences
- Print & Fax
- Use the "plus" sign below the list of printers to add a printer.
- New window comes up: "Printer Browser." Click "IP" tab, not "Default".
- Under "Protocol" dropdown, select IPP.
- Enter IP address below it: 172.30.0.6 . Computer will validate it, and should identify it as HP Laserjet 5Si. The default printing (Gimp) works for me, but as mentioned the PCL and Postscript options are available.
- Click "add", close extra window.
- Back in "Print&Fax", at "Selected Printer in Print Dialog" pick this printer. Or, when you go to print something, choose 172.30.0.6 as your printer among your options.
 OKI C5200
There is a printer here, and that is what it says. It is on the workbench facing the South Wall and apparently lives at 172.030.002.114.
 HP LaserJet 3390
- Next to Pole 8
- Doubles as a scanner/copier/fax.
 Panasonic Ribbon
 HP Color LaserJet 2840
The chip in the imaging drum of this printer tells it not to allow you to print from it anymore. The chip can be pried off of the imaging drum and replaced with a chip that has been pried off a spent HP toner cartridge.
HACK ME PLEASE
 Brother MFC-J435w
Johnny was Excellent and donated + set up this printer. Now it makes pictures! and letters!
 Canon Pixma iP4200
 US Cutter MH-1351 MK2
Vinyl cutter driven by Windows 7. Does not make vinyl records :( For Linux use InkCut (Inkscape Plugin) see http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1512795