Meeting Notes 2012 07 10
The 224th Meeting of Noisebridge Note-taker: Zeph the Hacking Homosapien Moderator: Tom (No fancy business... yet; any objections to Tom moderating? no.)
 Introduction and Names
https://hackpad.com/JgPeBJKEx6Y - Go here if you're cool enough. Noisebridge is about being excellent. Who's here?
- Tom, he's had two beers and is in a perfect place to moderate.
- Jehan, Always entertained
- Randall, Not sleeping.
- Carlos, Used to be ROADIE FOR FUCKING WU TANG CLAN. Pays his taxes
- Za, Just another heckler
- Zephyrs here and he's mad and he's not going to take it anymore!
- Carl is here and jamming, in a good mood.
- Crutcher, Regrets nothing.
- Liz, I do stuff and mess around with computers and is a writer.
- Mike, he doesn't do alot here. Every once in a while, just stuff.
- Snail, "what is up?"
- Daniella, French teacher here and does all sorts of things.
- Allan M. Trujillo, It's not his first time here. (via fakenamegenerator.com)
- Mitch Altman, also not his first time here. (Perhaps not really mitch altman?)
- Fake Jake Applebaum. He's invisible.
- Eric, he's chillin.
 Short Announcements
Tom declares there to be a short announcement: "I've got boxes with computer parts, so, uhh, heckle me about that."
 New or Stale Events
Tom is a slacker so he's not even going to try. Daniella says French classes are going to change. It's going to be the same time this week, but after this week she will change it to wednesday because of work. She's open to suggestions on a new time. Trujillo declares Go sundays to be on like donkey kong. BTC IS WORTH MORE THAN 7 USD!!!!!!! THIS IS REAL PEOPLE. CALL YOUR PARENTS, BUY NOW! DRUGS ON THE INTERNET ARE WORTH MORE THAN EVER! Beeeercoin!
Jake was made a member last week so deal with it. Nick Owens aka Mischief. Is a cool guy and isn't afraid of anything. He likes too many things to recite them on paper. Is his 2nd week of being read. Nike (Tearzak?) - 4th week being blocked but nobody liked him anyway (I guess?). Adam Cozette - No sponsors, basically dead to us. Tom wants to be proxied. Thats what it says. Tom voices his opinion on the 4-week-filibuster (against, of course). Tom wants people to interact, Carl poses conterfactual. Tom decides he doesn't care. Snail wants us to not start checking boxes until there are signatures. The power of process declares this not legit. Tom and J-Z engage in exegesis on the law of Noisebridge. Ryan got blocked, Daniella "gives a no". Tom says something and so does Lief. Lives in Oakland. Liz wants to know why we care about these old and dilapidated member entries. Tom thinks we should have a good process thats smooth and otherwise preferable. Tom says something about scrutinizing members. Liz points out that showing up to a meeting is basically a roll of the dice. Tom states that if nobody knows who someone is then we should be blocking them. Liz and Crutcher are obstreporously (This word is not certified as "legit" by Zephyr) questioning why Tom is blocking by proxy for a really unlikely edge case for just in case someone's name is read 4 times at a meeting without 2 sponsors and no one knows who they are and then they show up the following week and suddenly become a member. In that case, Tom blocks every time. I don't want to consense on this planet anymore.
 Financial Report
Noisebridge has recently signed a multimillion dollar Movie deal to produce a new summer blockbuster "Step Up Revolution: Hackers in Heat"
Our financial situation surely doesn't matter after our rise to fame in Hollywood.
- Funds in bank: 16448.53 after rent.
- Noisetor (See the bulletpoints at the bottom of http://noisetor.net/finances/#summary):
- There are $1759.82 earmarked NoiseTor funds
- Colo service has been paid through Jul 7, 2012
- There are enough funds to pay for an additional 2 months of colo
- This information was updated at Tue Jul 10 20:30:06 2012
 Consensus items
Grant thing needs to be sorted out for real at next week's showdown meeting. We must email Danny, Liz is not his secretary. He is our secretary. Kelly proposes that we should hire someone to bookkeep for us. Perhaps we could craft a loving robot to do our books. Kelly exposes her anti-bot point of view. Lief tries to defend robot kind. Kelly stoops so low as to call it "a stupid fucking robot", silly meat-being. Ben wants to know why our books are whack. Crutcher declares robocracy inadequate and we need to find out how much money things cost. Books should be open source? Sanitization of books important! Because some members would not want their wallet names public. Kelly will move forward with hiring a bookkeeper, lets get real here, society isn't ready for robot CPAs. Lief states that his opposition to the grant would partially be solved if it was a less ambiguous grant. Kelly changes her stance on robot-kind after heartfelt discussion on the real motives of our robot friends. Shiny paper distracts us again. Martin wants us to do something about the mice. The mice threat has grown bolder. They're growing and networking and becoming a sentient entity perhaps capable of spying on Noisebridge for the NSA. Emailing the discussion list will probably solve it. Solve them anyway with Doocracy. Martin is proposing a cleaning party, maybe on the weekend. Daniella proposes that we have a contest of some sort where people brainstorm about how to spend the grant money in the most productive fashion. JgPeBJKEx6Y @ hackpad is us
 Proposals from last week
 Proposals for next week
 Discussion Items
Liz tells us that we need to think about how we want to consense on how to choose a president of noisebridge. We need a better system than bogosort. Board of Directors hath decreed that our current system is "whack". Consensus on the method will arrive soon as mana does from heaven. Tom asks if there are consensus process proposals. Liz recollects from memory that consensus is superior to some snaky method. LOL she did not, she recollected that the board liked the idea of the meeting agreeing on how to pick the president, but we also mentioned Leif's previous giant complicated voting process. Or consensus. Snail is the noiselumunati! The mice will win. PROPOSAL: SuperQ for president of Noisebridge. Why?
- he is SuperQ
- he doesn't want to be treasurer
- he is a natural person
SuperQ neither accepts nor rejects the proposal. Zeph secretly wants to be the President so he can put it on his business card. PROPOSAL: Noisebridge presidency rotates hourly. Whoever catches the most mice gets to be President. (Zeph can get behind this) Liz claims that the board has no real responsibilities. (Except making sure people are there). Also, putting it on their resume that they're on the board.
 End of Meeting
- PGP Key Signing could happen now, check the list to see who wants in on the action.
- Return the membership binder to it's rightful location.
- Clean and tidy the meeting notes, then save them to the wiki.
- Send a summary of the meeting notes to the discussion list.
- Enjoy the company of your fellow hacker or robot.
- Discuss any items for which there was not time during the meeting.