Meeting Notes 2012 06 05
The 219th Meeting of Noisebridge Note-taker: Snail Moderator: malaclyps
 Introduction and Names
- What's an archy?
Moderation Technique: malaclyps shouts and points at people but is low status. Structure. Timekeeper is WSargent.
- malaclyps at the moment, building a small cute robot
- Leif building a faceted browser
- Will building a robot that kills people... or a cup holder for his bike
- Carlos want to be come a functional monk
- Snails take notes and distorts the truth
- Nick setting up a machine for makerbots
- Jessie is here to learn the fine art of trolling
- Mike technowander who works on deephack
- Kelly is the treasurer and works in neuroscience
- Claudia (yay)
- Tom thinks using cyber- makes him cool, but it really doesn't
- Adam graduated from software college!
- Rubins on irc
- Jonathan measures your brain activity
 Short Announcements
- TOORCAMP. We have a mailing list.
- If you want to see malaclyps in shorts on the beach, TOORCAMP.
- It's fucking burning man for hackers. No, it's a hacker camp on the beach.
- In the noisedome, two hackers enter, one leaves.
 New or Stale Events
- Sunday June 24 @ 3: Mozilla kicks off Summer Code Party HERE. This is the site for the flagship kickoff event.
- Cyberspace will be involved.
- Software defined everything meet-up. Contact malaclyps. Danny@spesh.com
- Lots of names in the binder for people who are not here and have no proxies. :..(
 Financial Report
- Funds in bank: $15,093.59
- We may have ~$5.9k of checks that are not deposited yet.
- We are building our own goddamn software from scratch and rapidly digging ourselvs into a hole.
- Noisetor (copied from the bottom of http://noisetor.net/finances/#summary):
- There are $2206.98 earmarked NoiseTor funds
- Colo service has been paid through Jun 7, 2012
- There are enough funds to pay for an additional 2 months of colo
- This information was updated at Tue Jun 5 20:30:02 2012
 Consensus items
 Proposals from last week
- To ban Rob 2.0 because he has not attempted mediation, and keeps coming to Noisebridge even though he's not welcome here. --Proposed 5/29 by Tom.
- Define banning.
- What does saying he's banned (again) accomplished?
- Helps make it clear to Rob.
- Gives members a feeling they are being backed-up when they tell Rob to leave.
- Gives more power behind calling the police to escort him out. Makes it easier to explain to the police when it's a solid ban and not just that he's unwelcome.
- Tom wants to use the word BANISH instead of banning.
- What is the difference between now and then, if we consense on this item?
- The only reason to consense on a ban is to escalate the issue to the police, and that is not a good use of our time and consensus.
- We consense on this so we can use the consensus as the tool to keep him out, not just to call the police. "We could if we wanted to," etc.
- Mike Khan cussed. This is srs bznz.
- Overall, it's not one thing he has done, it's a culmination of everything. If he's going to be an asshole, he could at least be a respectful asshole.
CONSENSUS OF NOISEBRIDGE:
- Rob 2.0 (aka Dank) is barred from Noisebridge. He is prohibited from entering the space or participating in the community.
 Proposals for next week
Give the CPA power of attourney to handle our tax issues. (We've had this CPA one tax year. This person cleaned up the mess left by the "tax ninja".)
- We are do-ocratically giving the CPA power of attourney in the interim two weeks pending consensus.