Meeting Notes 2011 08 09
 Introduction and Names
- What Noisebridge is about: "Noisebridge is a 501c3 nonprofit that provides a space for creation, collaboration, and learning about technology and creative projects. Noisebridge provides space, power tools, and infrastructure to help the public learn new skills and create cool things. Noisebridge continues to exist through and depends entirely on membership fees and donations. Our code of conduct is 'Be excellent to each other'."
- Round of introductions: What's your name, what do you do, and if you are new, how did you hear about Noisebridge? Start with the moderator and go left.
Crutcher -- mainly do large systems software, sewing Levi -- visiting from Crashspace, I teach high school, research for cosmic rays, currently at Stanford. Looking 501c3 status for Crashpace Lance -- Also from Crashspace, now at Emeryville. Crutcher recommends Ace Monster Toys for all your East Coast needs. John -- not an alcoholic still Cynthia -- retired physician. hacks the kitchen Will Danny -- Todd -- software dev, looking into hardware stuff Mike -- technomad don't do large infrastructure
- A brief primer on consensus process: We agree and so should you! Only paid-up members can block consensus.
Crutcher describes the consensus process, which is an entertaining act in its own right.
 Short Announcements
Crutcher announced that he got angry, perhaps too angry.
Crutcher notes that Burning man is close.
 New or Stale Events
Is there anything new happening at the space? Is there anything that has stopped happening at the space?
Machine Learning -- debating moving days. It was felt that Tuesday might be a bit overcrowded.
 Financial Report
Funds in bank: Kelly will fill later.
 Membership Binder
- Read off any names from the binder for the past month. Write a check on every open application.
- Anyone up for joining this week (ie have four checks by their name + have two sponsors) should introduce themselves then leave the area in search of gifts (traditionally beer and a lime) for the rest of the group. The rest of the meeting should consense on whether they may join.
 Consensus items
(Add any new items for consensus to the Current Consensus Items page.)
 Discussion Items
The last projector has failed. The main area's installed projector is fine, but there's no projector for classes in Turing and Church. Buy a new one?
Discussed the membership lapsing issue.
Crutcher says that the issue is we need a consistent way to let members lapse that doesn't let people turn up from a million years ago, pay $40 and magically block.
Mike -- suggested a maintenance fee, pay a little amount to tick over. Will and Crutcher felt that would be to too much overhead.
We agreed to work on text to make a consensus proposal for next week (to be condensed on next week).
 End of Meeting
- PGP Key Signing could happen now, check the list to see who wants in on the action.
- Put back the membership binder in the black desk.
- Save the meeting notes to the wiki.
- Send a copy of the meeting notes to the discussion list.
- Copy the Meeting Notes Template for next week's agenda and update the main wiki page's link to it.
- Enjoy a cocktail with your fellow hacker or robot.