We are Noisebridge. Noisebridge is a hackerspace for technical-creative projects, doocratically run by our members. We are a non-profit educational institution intended for public benefit. Our space is a 5,200 square-foot space located in the heart of San Francisco. We teach, we learn, we share. Read more about Noisebridge or watch a short video.
We are committed to providing a safe space to work, learn, and play. Please read and understand our anti-harassment policy and community standards. This is how we expect people to behave when they are at Noisebridge, and you should also expect this standard of behavior from others in the space.
OpenStreetMap - Google Maps
2 blocks South of 16th & Mission BART
Our 5,200 square-foot space (483m2) contains an electronics lab, machine/wood shop, sewing/crafting supplies, two classrooms, conference area, and library. Everyone is welcome to use our many resources. Find others to create with. Find help with your projects. Help others with their projects. Learn, teach, share. Come to Noisebridge and create!
Noisebridge is open when possible from 11:00 AM to 11:00 PM to the public. New visitors are welcome any time (all ages, all skill levels), but access is dependent on members being present. During events, we’re more likely have volunteers to show you around and make introductions.
Not all events make it onto this calendar. Many events only make it to the Discussion or Announcements mailing lists, IRC or in person at Tuesday meetings. Best of all, Noisebridge is about people getting together at the space in San Francisco to do stuff. DO pay attention, as some events just arise organically from the bottom up!
Want to host your event at Noisebridge? We like seeing classes and talks on interesting things pertaining to various subjects of hacking. Most of all, we like seeing familiar faces. Please participate in the space and our weekly Tuesday meetings to see if we're the right audience for what you want to share before announcing a new event. Additionally, please see our events hosting page for suggestions on how to use Noisebridge for your event/class/workshop.
Upcoming Events edit
No major Upcoming Events listed for the rest of this month
GODWAFFLE NOISE PANCAKES,
The 8-Oct GODWAFFLE NOISE PANCAKES has Noisebands and gourmet vegan pancakes!
Bands: John Bischoff, Acutuary (L.A.), Striations, Article Collection (Boston), The Flayed Choirmaster Saturday, October 8, 12:00:
Noisebridge Lit Crawl event,
Noisebridge is participating in LitCrawl again! Check out the page to see the planned topics and readers.
Event setup starts at 18:00, in the Hackitorium Saturday, October 15, 19:15:
GODWAFFLE NOISE PANCAKES,
The 12-Nov GODWAFFLE NOISE PANCAKES has Noisebands and gourmet vegan pancakes!
Bands: XOME (Sac), R. K. Faulhaber & Sons, Tonal Grace, Amphibious Gestures, Ear Spray Saturday, November 12, 12:00:
GODWAFFLE NOISE PANCAKES,
The 10-Dec GODWAFFLE NOISE PANCAKES has Noisebands and gourmet vegan pancakes!
Bands: Collision Stories, Angela K Roberts & Scott Goff, Eoin Callery, Tujurikkuja, Jorge Bachmann Saturday, December 10, 12:00:
Recurring Events edit
E - Every week.
1st - Certain weeks, e.g. 1st week only.
-2nd - Except certain weeks, or other schedule exceptions.
- E 7:00 pm to 9:00 pm Circuit Hacking Mondays (Early start of 3:00pm on Monday holidays) - Learn to solder! And make cool things with electronics. Mitch, J, Rolf, Miloh, Cedric, Cheng, Greg, and/or a host of others will bring kits-for-purchase to make cool, hackable things for all skill levels that you can bring home after you make them! Many designed for absolute beginners! Bring your own projects to hack! Bring things to fix! All ages. All are welcome! See the Discuss list and the Announce list for weekly updates.
- E 8:00 pm to 10:00 pm Front-end Web Development - Learn HTML/CSS/JS. A series of talks on different topics every week, taught in the Church classroom. Recap of last week's material starts at 7:30 pm. Join the WebDev list or the Announce list for updates.
- E Take Out the Trash Night -- Round One Be sure to put bins out by midnight as the trash truck comes between 1:30 to 2:30am.
- E 7:00 pm to 9:00 pm Intermediate Python with PyClass - Crash course in the Python standard library. Monday session is held in Turing Classroom.
- E 5:00 pm to 7:30 pm Songbridge Music Making Tuesdays - Beginner-friendly music making and mentoring meetup with Ableton/GarageBand/Logic tutorials for beginners and peer collabs. (Noise Square Table).
- 1st 3rd 6:30 pm to 8:30 pm Sewing and Crafting - Come learn how to use the sewing machines or just work on a craft (e.g. knitting, crocheting, felt working, embroidery, leatherworking, beading, etc.). All skill levels are welcome.
- E 7:00 pm to 9:00 pm Ruby and Rails class - Seminar and workshop for learning everything about Ruby, Rails, and web application development (Church classroom). See the Announce list for weekly updates.
- E 8:30 pm to 11:30 pm Gamebridge Unityversity Game Dev Tuesdays - Beginner-friendly game development class and meetup, learn and share C# Unity coding, 2D/3D art, design, writing and audio. Learn how to mentor and help teach game dev. (Noise Square Table).
- E 8:00 pm Noisebridge Weekly Meeting - Introducing new people and events to the space, general discussion, and decision-making on key issues. This is your space, folks. Come on out here in person to express what you think about what's going on with it!
- E 6:30 pm to 7:30 pm A Hacker's Introduction to Machine Learning : Lectures, discussions, and implementation notes regarding a weekly topic in machine learning. Updates and details here: MachineLearning.
- alternating monthly 6:30 pm to 9:30 pm - Cyberspectrum: Software Defined Radio Meetup in the Hackatorium(new): A place to learn and exchange ideas about SDR. Presentations on concepts, mystery signals, hardware/software and cool applications. Event alternates monthly between SF and the South Bay.
- 1st Wednesday of every month, 7:30-9. with Software; Art() Present your personal and expressive art made with software/hardware of your own making and get feedback and critical dialogue from fellow artist/technologists. Note: next meeting November 2 (not in October) [Last upateded September, 2016].
- E 8:00 pm to 10:00 pm Dream Team Neuro Hackery - EEG research & development project with general interest in sleep, dreaming, creative intelligence, and many loosely related topics such as: neurophysiology, signal processing, cognitive neuroscience, and (especially) hacking code and devices for data acquisition and analysis. Join us at the CollaborationStation (near the Hackatorium). Expect general discussion around 8 PM - usually moving along by 9 PM to focus on more technical aspects of current project.
- E 7:30 pm to 9:00 pm - Career Change: How to kickstart your new career in web development
- 1st 3rd 7:00 pm DefCon 415 Group Hacker Meetup Description: Hacking, computer security, Digital Rights, Privacy, Decentralization, Anarchism, CyberPunk, etc a(A)a
- E Trash Night -- Round Two - Take out the trash for Friday morning! Do it by midnight as truck comes ~1:30am to 2:30am.
- E 7:00 pm to 9:00 pm Front-end Web Development Lab - Understand by doing! A recap of Monday's lecture in workshop form - and a good time for one-on-one help with the material. Meets in Turing.
- E 7:30 pm to 10:00 pm The Go group meets up on Wednesdays and Thursdays to play.
- 2nd 7:00pm to 9:00pm Cryptopal working group - Learn cryptography through coding challenges that demonstrate attacks on real-world cryptography. A different way to learn than taking a class or reading a book!
- 3rd 7:00 pm Five Minutes of Fame a.k.a. 5MoF - lightning 5min talks every 3rd Thursday of the month. Currently on hiatus. Speak up if you'd like to organize and host.
- 1st 3rd 5th 6:00 pm to 8:00 pm Computerology in Turing or CollaborationStation, understanding and using computers
- 1st 3rd 5th 8:00 pm to 10:00 pm FUN Tutoring @ CollaborationStation
- 3rd Noisebridge Gaming Archivists Meetup 6:00 pm to 10:00 pm -- Come play, fix, mod retro consoles. Create and play is our motto! If you like video games, this is the place for you.
- E 1:00 pm to 2:00 pm CPP Class discussion in Hackitorum/Fox Lounge/Church. Currently looking for folks wanting to help plan out lessons.
- E 1:00 pm Zine Hacking Hacking on the good ol' fashioned analog Zine with Torrie, Mari and anyone who wants to come and be excellent and make excellent art.
- alternating monthly 3:00 pm Goths & Crafts Spooky people making spooky things in the sewing area. All kinds of crafts welcome and things don't necessarily have to be goth. But if you have an eye towards the darker side of the color spectrum, this may be for you!
- E 12:30 pm to 7:30 pm Dungeons and Dragons in Church, currently looking for new players.
- alternating monthly 1:00 pm Monthly Lock Sport Collaboration: Come learn how to pick locks and learn more about them with the SF Bay Area chapter of TOOOL. The group meets on alternating months at Noisebridge and in San Jose. Check the TOOOL SF announcement list for details.
- E 3:00 pm Go - Playing of the Go board game. On nice days we often take the boards to Dolores Park and play there.
- E 6:00 pm Plan 9 class (if not Noisebridge check Sycamore)
- E 12:00 pm to 4:00 pm .impact Workathons in Turing classrom. Work on projects that will help humanity & beyond.
You don't need to be a member to participate in a class or workshop at Noisebridge!
Intro Poster: How we explain ourselves to new visitors.
Resources: Stuff in the space -- computer network & servers, project areas, tools, bulk orders from Digikey/McMaster/Mouser.
The Noisebridge Manual: A compendium of wiki knowledge detailing how Noisebridge works.
Safety in the Space: What to do in case of an emergency.
Press Coverage: mentions of Noisebridge in the media (both blog and dead tree).
Identity: A collection of resources revolving around our identity and logo.
The Neighborhood: What's in the neighborhood around 2169 Mission
Hosting an Event at Noisebridge: Suggestions on how to use Noisebridge for your event/class/workshop.
Hackerspace Infos: Howtos, Background, and friendly Hackerspaces elsewhere.
Get in Touch
- Press: Please see our Press Kit - Includes press contacts, pictures, background info, etc.
- Contacts - General contact details for the space
- Mailinglist - Best way to keep informed of upcoming events
- IRC channel - irc://chat.freenode.net/#noisebridge
- Legal Requests (information removal, etc)
- Here is our mailing address (different from our physical address):
2261 Market Street #235-A
San Francisco, CA 94114
2169 Mission St, 3rd floor
San Francisco, CA 94110
Noisebridge grew out of Chaos Communications Camp in August, 2007. We have had regular weekly Tuesday meetings since September 2007. We rented our first physical space on September 1st 2008, which we quickly outgrew, and have been at our much larger 5,200 square-foot second location since September 1st 2009. Noisebridge was granted tax-exempt 501(c)(3) status in July 2009, retroactive to October 2008.