Using the rice cooker is piss easy, please don't piss in the rice cooker.
Rice to water ratio:
- White, long grain - 1 cup of water per 1 cup of rice
- White, medium grain - 1 1/2 cups of water per 1 cup of rice
- White, short grain - 1 1/2 cups of water per 1 cup of rice
- Brown, long grain - 2 1/4 cups of water per 1 cup of rice
- Parboiled - 2 cups of water per 1 cup of rice
WARNING: The rice cooker doesn't like more than two cups of white rice, don't know about brown.
- Wash the rice cooker pot and lid.
- Measure out how much rice you want to use.
- Wash the rice. Pour some water in the pot, stir it around with your hand and then drain it. Do this two or three times.
- Pour the correct amount of water in the pot for the type of rice you have. Take a look at the list above.
- Stick the pot in the cooker, plug it in, flick the cook button.
- Wait a while till the button pops up and switches to the keep warm state.
- Eat your rice.
- Clean the pot and lid. Put the cooker away.