Worldwide Aaron Swartz Memorial Hackathon Series
The Worldwide Aaron Swartz Memorial Hackathons generated considerable interest and engagement, but there's more work to be done.
This is a page for coordinating this continuation, which is tentatively slated to begin Sept/Oct.
Given recent events, there will be much to discuss at the next Technoactivism Monday, but that might be the right time to get feedback from Nosebridge about interest and logistics.
I see a hackathon minimally looking something like this:
- intro & curated pitches/presentations, mostly from activist/ngo types
- some sort of update on work from other locations
- time to work, for those who can find a project, maybe with simultaneous workshops
- demos at the end, with documentation as a necessary registration step to a demo
- Set up a event webpage - July
- Recruit hacklabs (as hosts) and activists (as PMs) - August
- Get signal-boosting web coverage - September
- Run events - October
Projects to Work on
- Nosebridge, SF
- Boston, MA (ML?)
- Seattle, WA (some hackerspace - willow?)
- Talk to SeattleAttic and/or Jigsaw and/or some other place. I can ask around. 188.8.131.52 23:15, 27 June 2013 (UTC)
- Zagreb (+ other balkan)