Worldwide Aaron Swartz Memorial Hackathon Series
The Worldwide Aaron Swartz Memorial Hackathons generated considerable interest and engagement, but there's more work to be done.
This is a page for coordinating this continuation, which is tentatively slated to begin Sept/Oct.
Given recent events, there will be much to discuss at the next Technoactivism Monday, but that might be the right time to get feedback from Nosebridge about interest and logistics.
I see a hackathon minimally looking something like this:
- intro & curated pitches/presentations, mostly from activist/ngo types
- some sort of update on work from other locations
- time to work, for those who can find a project, maybe with simultaneous workshops
- demos at the end, with documentation as a necessary registration step to a demo
Projects to Work on
- Nosebridge, SF
- Boston, MA (Artisan's Asylum?)