Josh is interested in Machine Learning and likes to relax by reverse engineering electronics. (Forward engineering is fun, too, but it's more like work and less like a puzzle game)
Environs: You might bump into him at The Mechanical Zoo, around the Mission, at Death Guild, or at Bab5.
Interests: many and varied. Linguistics, machine learning, hardware, woodworking, drawing in ink.
Stuff he's done here:
- Led the Machine Learning meetings
- Poked at Remote Control Helicopters
- Poked at the Big LED Screen
- Doing weird things with Charlieplexing as a basis function
- Muralizer, a drawbot for paint pens
- Futzed with MaxNCMill for milling PCBs
- [Project Bacchus], a near-space ballooning project (not to be confused with Spacebridge)