I'm a theoretical physicist, software developer, and musician, currently living in Austin, TX. I'm out in SF quite a bit though.
I have a PhD in theoretical physics from UT Austin, and a BS in physics from UC San Diego. My doctoral research dealt with building string theoretic models of QCD-like quantum field theories at strong coupling, via the AdS/CFT correspondence. You can read all about it here (warning: hella taylor expansions).
- vForms is a virtual environment for information organization for Windows 8 (sorry like 99.999% of the people reading this). C++ and DirectX. Ask me about it!
- I'd like to investigate the feasibility of using techniques similar to Loop and Blinn for a) rendering bezier splines, in particular digital ink strokes. b) making a fast, resolution independent pdf renderer. Both GLSL and HLSL versions. If this sounds interesting to any DirectX/OpenGL/CG developers out there, it'd be great to see if we could release something substantial as open source.
- I'm also often working on some sort of quantum-gravity-related research project. If any of you guys wanna check my math that would be tight.
- String Theory
- The holographic perspective on quantum entanglement entropy, and its implications for space/time emergence (ie the program spearheaded by Von Raamsdonk, and of course ER=EPR)
- Machine Learning
- Statistical Mechanics (I'm particularily interested in learning about/implementing boltzmann machines, and their applications to real-world systems -- eg work by Bialek. See also his textbook)
- Kundalini Yoga
- Rational (ie phenomenological) discussion of mysticism in general
- High Explosives
- Learning Python
- Cinder (creative coding library), and its application towards virtual workspace environment design on tablets and in augmented reality.
- Cooking (mostly Chinese and Mexican)
- Open Access Publishing
- Co-operative living
Sponsors for associate membership.