Did you notice most rootbeer is caffeine free? The goal here is to have fun brewing a non-alcoholic caffeinated rootbeer or ginger ale. To that end we are making the first batches of a Noisebridge label yerba mate-niated rootbrew, gratis and DIY
A recipe hasn't been finalized yet. For the first few batches, carbonators will be used, later natural carbonation will be explored.
- Syrup for 4 gallon batches of ginger ale and root beer
- Taragui Mate con Palo
- 5 Gallon Carboy (secondary fermentation)
- 5 Gallon Pot
- Bottle siphon, bottle capper, caps
- 5 Gallon (Primary fermentation or mixing) bucket
- airlocks, and miscellaneous brewing supplies
- 04/03/2009 bottle prep, supplies consolidation, and soda pop/ Y. Mate recipe & brewing research
- 3 dozen bottles prepped.