Revision as of 05:10, 8 February 2012 by Malaclyps
sleeping at Noisebridge. This is a practice which is unacceptable to varying degrees depending on whom you ask. Although there is no clear consensus on how to deal with this, it is clear that some of the sleeping behavior is not excellent. But in the middle of the night, social pressure to be excellent wanes, and this is largely the only tool Noisebridge has for enforcing the One Rule. The Rooster Brigade is an observational effort to understand the nocturnal underbelly of the Noisebridge community and hopefully disseminate excellence beyond the midnight hour.
The Rooster Brigade maintains no official policy on how to wake or interact with people who are sleeping at Noisebridge. The only rule at Noisebridge is Be Excellent.
Possible Members of the Brigade
- October 6 - Dec 15
- Laurent. Found daily in classroom and in laser engraver DJ booth. Sleeps in either one or two office chairs with legs propped on second chair.
- 9 people appear to be crashing at Noisebridge. Eric took some notes with basic descriptions and a few first names.
- A guy named John who sometimes sleeps at Noisebridge (Ben has photographed him) was removed by Ben, Rayc and another guy after becoming violent and threatening people in the space. He was picked up outside by the police.
- Eric asked one person in the morning not to sleep at Noisebridge.
- Eric kicked out another one of Amber's minions who was crashed out in a chair less than an hour after arriving in the space.
- User:Malaclyps popped by at 7AM. A bunch of people were sitting around really trying hard not to fall asleep, but not able to do much else. I smiled kind of nervously, and went home feeling sad.