(Based on a noisebridge-discuss email from firstname.lastname@example.org (Message-ID: <email@example.com>), we now have Friday morning trash service.)
(→Services: add notes about electricity in the space)
|Line 44:||Line 44:|
==Trash and Recycling==
==Trash and Recycling==
Revision as of 19:29, 9 February 2010
The objective of having weekly chores at Noisebridge is the first minimize the amount of time need to pay for a 3rd party cleaning service to spend here, and secondly to make sure the space is tidy. The idea of having chores in the list doesn't mean that it's ok to be messy, please be excellent to others by cleaning up after yourself.
Feel like helping out Noisebridge? Great! Listed bellow are tasks that can be completed once a week. Pick a task and do it! Sign off when you're done so people don't do it again.
Items sorted in highest priority to lowest.
- Take out trash - Empty all space cans into the street cans, replaces liners, take the street cans down to the street Monday and/or Friday night (where applicable/if there's trash)
- Sweep common spaces floors - Common space, main hall, library, electronics lab.
- Sweep kitchen, bathroom, classroom floors - Kitchen and both classrooms.
- Mop common spaces floors - Common space, main hall, library, electronics lab.
- Mop kitchen, bathroom, classroom floors - Kitchen and both classrooms.
- Clean bathrooms - Scrub the bowl and the sink, make sure there's soap and tp, empty trash.
- Clean kitchen - Scrub all work surfaces, return all dishes and cups to kitchen, send out a nasty email if there are unwashed dishes piled around, do remaining dishes because you're a saint.
- Tidy up work surfaces - Includes 3 work tables (across from the dirty shop and class rooms), coffee tables near the couches, greeting desk, electronic lab main table, library work tables, class room tables, put books back in the library.
- Gather up chairs - Stools go with tall bar tables, chairs go with short tables, electronics lab and class rooms. Clear off junk from couches.
- Clean up hack shelf - Make sure all donated hackable items are on the shelf, sort them out so they're easy to get to.
|Tasks||5th - 11th||12th - 18th||19th - 25th||26th - 1st||x|
|Take out trash||rubin110|
|Sweep common spaces floors||lamont|
|Sweep kitchen, bathroom, classroom floors|
|Mop common spaces floors|
|Mop kitchen, bathroom, classroom floors|
|Tidy up work surfaces||rubin110|
|Gather up chairs||rubin110|
|Clean up hack shelf||rubin110|
We have a business account with PG&E to provide service to two meters for us.
The master switches for these meters are located in the basement, and are both labeled "3rd Floor". Their meter numbers 6331H5 for the back of the space (east side, away from Mission St.), and 703T78 for the front side (west side, against Mission St). The meters will have these numbers on them as well.
For details on our usage rates and the amount we spend, see Electricity.
Trash and Recycling
We currently have bins from Sunset Scavenger.
- 1 large bin for trash
- 1 large bin for recycling
Both bins live in the elevator room, please keep them there.
Trash pickup is Tuesday and Friday mornings!
Take the bins out the leading evening so we can be sure they're out in time
The space has three large cans, 2 for garbage and 1 for recycling. The recycling one is marked. When the can gets full please tie off the bag and dump it into the large street cans living in the elevator room. Bag liners can be found in the kitchen, please put one back in the can when done.
Got something that's e-waste? Desktop computer? Monitor? Electronics? Batteries? There's a space in the elevator room for all that. The pile should only be used for Noisebridge items and not a personal dumping ground.
Environmental Logistics Management & Asset Recovery Services Corporation does free picks up of 30lb or more. If you feel that the pile is large enough for a pick up, please go to their site and schedule a pickup then email the list stating the date and time.