Revision as of 00:25, 19 June 2014 by Pemulis
The Great Noisebridge Reboot of 2014
- Electrical refit
- DEEP CLEANING
- Replace member shelves with lockable cubes (get both large and small sizes)
- Refinish the floors (a single poly coat would do nicely)
- Call in Pest Control -- I just had some good experience with The Hitmen (Mitch)
- Spread ethernet wiring across the space more adequately and contain cabling in proper conduit
- replace light fixtures - see ben kochie's email about PG&E rebate and efficient fixtures
- repair and renew A/V infrastructure for classrooms and main area
- anything considered infrastructure should be BOLTED IN. movable infrastructure should have its own lockers.
- reduce number of places people can hide themselves and their things (DJ booth is a major one).
Write to Members and nb-discuss letting people know that the Member Shelves will be dismantled (come claim your stuff, etc)
- Groups of people should plan to meet to do some heavy lifting, sweeping, and cleaning in late June.
- Groups of people should get together and plan chunks of future work
- Schedule a Survey Inspection (or see if the electricians want to handle it)
- Source ethernet ceiling cages. Make sure we have enough CAT5e to cover the space adequately.
- SIGNAGE -- put up signs all over the space letting people know what's up (see below section "signage")
- Start removing as much e-waste and broken equipment as possible to make way for electricians' Red Flag work.
- Install gate(s) on elevator.
- Install lock on top door (RFID is "nice to have" but a padlock would do.)
- Install lock on fire-escape sliding-door -- needs to open easily and legally from the inside
- Soft close on the 22nd/23rd, secure the space
- Solidify interim access policy, come up with plan for implementation at ingress points
- Start planning the Grand Reopening Party for August 15th (a Friday).
- Remove all food from the space, even non-perishable items.
- Remove as much valuable equipment as possible (or organize into manageable piles) [could remove TO: paid storage container, a trusted person's basement...]
- Tear out the DJ booth, reclaim that space for Church classroom.
- Deep-clean to get rid of grime (especially in kitchen and bathrooms). Call in Pest Control.
- Clear the floors as completely as possible to make way for floor refinishing.
- Refinish the floors.
- Ongoing electrical refit work supervised by Neil and Tim.
- Locate lockers. Coordinate to pick them up and transport them to the space. (rough ETA: June 15th, after floor work is done)
- Build network gear and wiring. Install ethernet through ceiling cages (1x length of space and 2x width of space).
- Agree on long-term access control policy
- rebuild the space as desired -- e.g. Jarrod suggests moving the library closer to the front windows (Cool thing: Use lockers as method of keeping space surrounding lockers more clear.)
- paint - Jim suggests using oil-based / non-water-based paint.
- Soft open on the 1st.
- Continue fixing up things that fell through in July.
- Grand opening & party on the 15th
- BRIDGE OUT AHEAD
- detour signs with directions on how to get to sudoroom
- detour signs with directions on how to get to Freespace
- For the Kitchen: FOOD MUST BE REMOVED BY JULY 1st. on July 1st, all remaining food will be thrown out.
- dig out anything loose but stuck in cracks
- get a floor sander and sand the floor
- vacuum the floor
- use rollers and/or brushes to apply an undercoat to the floor
- use appropriate filler to fill any holes or cracks in the floor
- sand the filler after it dries
- brush on undercoat to the areas with filler
- use rollers and/or brushes to apply a top coat to the floor
- maybe roll or brush on one or two more top coats
- talk to casey and others about how the existing system works and write it down somewhere
- design up a much simpler method of running video, data down to the ground floor - likely via some conduit
- build a couple of arduino based replacements to control an access panel + LCD display; likely speak over RS485 (cable distance; no need to use ethernet for this)
- .. and place the designs + source code public online on github
- for the elevator - it's likely more of a space issue than an elevator-security issue.
- .. ie, the elevator itself shouldn't be modified; the entry doors(s) after the staircase+elevator need securing.
- Main door
- Emergency path(s) (but be careful!)
- roof entry
- .. what else?
- Gerald de la Cruz / gdelacruz
- Matt / piratematt
- Matt / piratematt
- John S.