PGP Key Workshop
Revision as of 13:45, 2 February 2009 by SpammerHellDontDelete
Every Noisebridger who wants a PGP key should have one!
Thursday, February 5, 2009, starting at 8 PM.
- New to PGP/gpg? Show up at or before 8 for assistance creating your own key! You must have a key ready by 8:45 to participate in the keysigning party.
- Already know the drill and just want to exchange signatures? Keysigning starts at 9 PM.
- create your own PGP (gpg) key, securely
- learn how to use PGP to secure email and other digital systems
- learn about the Web of Trust
- sign others' keys, and get your key (new or old) signed
- (optional) create a new GPG key.
- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GnuPG is a reasonable overview of GnuPG.
- http://gnupg.org/ is the project homepage, including a
- http://www.dewinter.com/gnupg_howto/english/GPGMiniHowto.html mini-howto.
- http://www.napoletano.net/front/node/352 is a bit long on the libertarian theology, but just scroll to the green-on-black bits.
- http://www.keysigning.org lists a variety of keysigning party protocols; we'll be doing something lower-overhead
- http://biglumber.com/ BigLumber.Com - keysigning coordination
- http://zer0.org/mailman/listinfo/ba-keysign ba-keysign - San Francisco Bay Area keysigning information and discussion