Frequently Asked Questions about tor.noisebridge.net
Where does the money go?
- Paypal takes a fee off the top -- it varies from 3% to 10% depending on funding source and size of donation.
- 5% of each donation is contributed to the Noisebridge general fund to help keep the hackerspace afloat.
- Noisebridge pays ISPs to host machines in data centers in the US. Charges include machine (or VM) rental, bandwidth, and power.
- All technical skills and administrative assistance are donated with no compensation. We are all volunteers here!
- If the project shuts down, all funds in excess of actual costs will be donated to the EFF.