Revision as of 12:17, 1 August 2011 by Yesac
TODO: Improve instructions and safety tips for using the Miter Saw.
We have a miter saw. It is fast, efficient, and accurate. You could use it to make something!
- It is extremely easy to cut your human fingers off using this saw. Don't reach in until the saw has stopped moving. It only takes 10 seconds to come to a complete stop, and a trip to the ER will take you 10 hours. Slow down. What are you rushing for, anyways?
- It has a wood blade in it. Don't use it to cut metal.
- There was a blade-brake that would stop the blade when the saw reached the top, but that has been flaky. Repairing it is almost certainly more trouble than it's worth.
- Sometimes the sawdust catcher falls off, covering the dirty shop in sawdust.
- You should use the shop-vac to clean up after yourself, even if you only cut one thing.