Meeting Notes 2013 02 12
Revision as of 22:56, 12 February 2013 by Flamsmark
- We have agreed the slate for the 2013 Noisebridge board election.
- It is our consensus that Ping is a member!
Short announcements and events
- Adafruit is offering us bulk rates (normally 30% off) for orders over $250. They've also sent us a Raspberry Pi care package, and they're interested in sending other kits from time to time too!
- Mischeif is holding a Plan 9 class. Join him!
- Cryptoparty II: Enciphered Boogaloo is happening on March 23 at Langton Labs. Go sign up to learn or teach!
- Miloh wants to take Noisebridge to Maker Faire this year, despite controversy.
- Tom has started holding Noisebridge "office hours" on Tuesdays from 6pm until the meeting.
- Workshop Weekend happens March 2 & 3 in Oakland. $40 for unlimited access to workshops all weekend.
- James "JC" Cooper. Week 4. Sponsor: Danny. (not present)
- Nicholas Granado. Week 1. No sponsors.
- Kevin Schisser. Week 2. No sponsors.
- Reverend Mik McAllister withdraws his application.
- Ka-Ping Yee (@zestyping zesty.ca). Week 3. Sponsors: MCT, Sai. It is our consensus that Ping is a member!
- Funds in bank: 14486.89
- Noisetor: current balance: $852.04
- Discussion regarding FOIA requests was deferred until next week.
- We have agreed the slate for the 2013 Noisebridge board elections:
- There were no new proposals this week.
- We all agree that if any of us see Ryan, we will tell him to leave and not return.
- Carl says that he will talk with with Lilly about not crashing here when he next sees her.
- We then had the usual discussion about people using the space for undesirable purposes.
- Carlos likes Go, the programming language.
- Kevin likes to recycle e-waste & upcyce!
- Mischeif likes Go too.
- Zephyr has nothing against Go & likes Plan 9.
- Eric is new, and was introduced by...
- Lisha, who likes to hack everything, especially education. Also active with hacker moms, school factory, jigsaw renaissance, and GwoB.
- Justin has overclocked his brain.
- Monad likes knowledge.
- Nick likes knowledge too.
- Philippe does free software research.
- Ken has been coming here for four weeks, and working on some objective c... then adroid!
- Miloh is making an oscar nomination speech
- Mike is a technowanderer not a quartermaster, stock clerk, ombudsman
- Tom is trying to reform CFAA and oppose CISPA, as well as playing with a new Raspberry Pi.
- Snail doesn't have anything clever to say
- Ping is interested in open access disaster response & international development
- Dan is relatively new