Meeting Notes 2012 09 11
Introduction and Names
Leif -- working on a game https://gist.github.com/3694412 Francisco -- hacks food and fermentation, like to say thankyou Dani -- scanning electron microscope, metal shop, 3D printers Nick -- I'm doing math for fun and profit Zephyr -- I join with Nick to tackle the forces of nature Carlos -- I am working on the robotic operating system with Hal Snail -- I'm hacking a burrito Ari -- working on a maker dating site ReverendMik -- worldbuilder and fiction writer Jonathan -- I use LED and photodiodes to read people's minds in low resolution Danny -- I'm writing this sentence Aaron -- learning and trying to absorb stuff Miloh -- I am vaguely connected to mchck ARM Cortex https://github.com/corecode/mchck/wiki Mike -- I'm a technowanderer
Ari, Karen, and Asheesh are running a Python intermediate class. We're looking for teachers, MTAs. Talk to Ari this way if you're interested: email@example.com
Cryptoparties! Leif wants to say Parker Higgins is planning one in SF, Sudo Room is planning one!
Nick is writing a file server for Plan 9!
Type A machine are on sale now: http://typeamachines.com/
Anonymous says "The Canadian government is introducing MintChip, which they say is anonymous as cash. It relies on "tamper" "resistant" hardware. This will be HILARIOUS."
Mission Bargain Electronics Warehouse is selling USB 3.0 enclosures to benefit Noisebridge. http://www.amazon.com/gp/aag/main?ie=UTF8&asin=B0083C5UQQ&isAmazonFulfilled=1&isCBA=&marketplaceID=ATVPDKIKX0DER&seller=A2WCLG6XP4DUCM
There's a Raspberry Pi event on September 29: https://www.noisebridge.net/wiki/RaspberryPiEvent -- order now, because they're shipping pretty quickly
The Anonymice are up for membership.
- Funds in bank: We're probably in excess of $10K
- Noisetor (See the bulletpoints at the bottom of http://noisetor.net/finances/#summary). Noisetor needs money! Donate money! http://noisetor.net/
You may wish to invite a knowledgeable volunteer to repeat a brief primer on the consensus process.
Miloh proposes $250 for sizes of T-shirts that we're missing.
Proposals from last week
(Add any items which pass or are blocked to the Consensus Items History page.)
We talked Cryptoparties!
End of Meeting
- PGP Key Signing could happen now, check the list to see who wants in on the action.
- Return the membership binder to it's rightful location.
- Clean and tidy the meeting notes, then save them to the wiki.
- Send a summary of the meeting notes to the discussion list.
- Enjoy the company of your fellow hacker or robot.
- Discuss any items for which there was not time during the meeting.