Meeting Notes 2012 08 07
Introduction and Names
- Invite a knowledgeable volunteer to explain what Noisebridge is about:
Noisebridge is a 501c3 nonprofit that provides a space for creation, collaboration, and learning about technology and creative projects. Noisebridge provides space, power tools, and infrastructure to help the public learn new skills and create cool things. Noisebridge continues to exist through and depends entirely on membership fees and donations. Our code of conduct is 'Be excellent to each other'."
- Invite a knowledgeable volunteer to give a brief primer on consensus process: We agree and so should you! Only paid-up members can block consensus.
- Introduce any new or unusual moderation techniques that you may be using during the meeting like: direct responses, limited speaking time, orderless stack, &c.
- Round of introductions (remember, announcements come later):
Kelly -- works in neuroscience, abandoning you all to move to Boston. (Crowds of booing).
Tom -- over the course of this week, I spent an unreasonable number of hours telling reasonable people to do a thing that they promised to do, and that they had not done
Danny -- I'm typing everything everyone is saying
David -- I'm new here, programming and math.
John -- screwing around embedded programming
R. -- from metalab, building a startup
Kevin -- like to do stuff with programming
Nick -- publishing two books on movie making
Paul -- development
Forrest-- interested in mesh networks, distributed caching, p2p-rising.
Ornj -- I edit wikis, sweep floors
Alex -- linux and networks!
Anij -- doing a workshop
Todd --- imagemaking workshop
Alexis -- doing stuff!
Christian -- first couple of times here. Great ideas and want to manifest them in reality.
Julia -- is a maker! Printing a pseudoorgan and a toy on the 3d printer.
Come to Elements_of_Image_Making on Sunday 2PM, starts the 26th!
New or Stale Events
Stuff we're not sure about. Please get in touch if you're still doing these links!
- 18:00 Unityversity Unity3D Game Development user group and beginner mentoring.
- 19:00 Cook-in class Bring your ideas/food/appetite and try your hand at cooking.
On Tuesdays: 22:00 SF Grey Hat Meetup If you have to ask you probably shouldn't show up. next meeting 3/13 will cover metasploit, vote for next topic.
- 19:00 PyClass - Learn how to program using the Python programming language. New "series" starts December 5th!
- 19:00 Machine Learning 7:00pm, come in and learn about statistical learning techniques.
- 19:00 Noisedroid/Nights - An Android-Themed Co-working Night.
- 19:00Hack Politics -- 1st and 3rd Sundays of the month. Hack the political systems. (Next meeting will be July1, 2012).
No new members this week!
- Funds in bank: $13826.20
- Noisetor (See the bulletpoints at the bottom of http://noisetor.net/finances/#summary):
- There are $2064.76 earmarked NoiseTor funds
- Colo service has been paid through Jul 7, 2012
- There are enough funds to pay for an additional 2 months of colo
- This information was updated at Tue Aug 7 21:30:03 2012
Proposals from last week
(Add any items which pass or are blocked to the Consensus Items History page.)
Proposals for next week
Kelly suggests that we put aside money to either automate the treasury process or hire a CPA.
End of Meeting
- PGP Key Signing could happen now, check the list to see who wants in on the action.
- Return the membership binder to it's rightful location.
- Clean and tidy the meeting notes, then save them to the wiki.
- Send a summary of the meeting notes to the discussion list.
- Enjoy the company of your fellow hacker or robot.
- Discuss any items for which there was not time during the meeting.