Meeting Notes 2012 03 13
- Snail and Froggytoad are moderating and note-taking for the meeting tonight!
- Optionally: pick a membership-binder-wrangler; otherwise the moderator can take care of it.
snail, froggytoad, ron aka setient!, deb dev, susan cuz, isis, daniel & pontias from stolkholm, steven george and allen from GDC, London here to seek membership, Leif R, Lilly learns, Michel is here to analyze us, Yoav, Jimmie flowers is here to plant love hope and faith and study the hacking, Leif (2 leifs! name brothers!), Mia from Humboldt teaches OpenSim to kids, Francisco a friend of the community and local wild fermentations from tropical and local fruits, Casey likes Leif (which one?), Mike a tekno-wanderer, Gavin here to talk about the Zine today, Dan here to hang out, Carlos a perl hacker (whoa perl, perl is awesome), Celeste aka spacecat working in the darkroom organizing and improving meetup at email@example.com, Stephen friends with Carlos and rubyist, Aaron: makes recycled handbags from space, Silvana who heard about noisebridge whilst volunteering for Occupy, specializes in faux fabrics and cloth creations, Josh a teacher at a nearby school who stopped by to see the space, Nick aka heatxsink, Arturo tor:globaleaks,tor2web, and other various FREE+open source projects, Molly teaches people how to be creative, Jon-Jaq a long timer who has been hacking all his life and eradicated the cockroaches at noisebridge and is housing foreclosure hacking, R.A.Y.C. plz to SEO bomb le google with "RAYCE = happy hacking from noisebridge", Terry ichi go tai yo gi tai di strawberry sunlight and something something, just Xavier is visiting from Texas (we urge him to check out ATX!!)
- Post the meeting notes to this page, and email out a summary with a link.
- Tell firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com if there are new members.
whts all this stuff that rayce was talking about (ask later)
SF FUnCHeap has a contest?
UNCONFERENCE Thhere's a big unconf this weekend! Thursday Friday Saturday Sunday (R M S in die Hausell)
The Unconference will be HUGE! check out the organizing page, come and organize an event! Who is RMS? COME AND FIND OUT
Mia will be having a class on Open Simulator Software, Snail asks Mia to send something to Noisbridge-Discuss
leif describes the noisebridge membership process
prospective members name's get called and if they are present the membership form gets another check mark on its way to being a major supporter of noisebridge (IE A noizemember)
- Funds in bank:
- Noisetor has $3565.45 in savings and is spending about $787/month and burning 500Mbps
Noisetor is Noisebridge's project to accept tax-deductable donations for USA donors that go towards setting up add'l exit nodes in the USA. More nodes will be added as month to month funds increase
You may wish to invite a knowledgeable volunteer to repeat a brief primer on the consensus process.
Proposals from last week
(Add any items which pass or are blocked to the Consensus Items History page.)
Proposals for next week
(Add any new items for consensus to the Current Consensus Items page.)
If an item of discussion drags on too long, further discussion may be postponed until after the meeting ends.
During discussion, it is not necessary to write down exact what each person says. Record the topics of discussion, and any items of consensus or controversy here. Detailed descriptions of the conversation should go on the discuss page for this meeting.
End of Meeting
- PGP Key Signing could happen now, check the list to see who wants in on the action.
- Return the membership binder to it's rightful location.
- Clean and tidy the meeting notes, then save them to the wiki.
- Send a summary of the meeting notes to the discussion list.
- Enjoy the company of your fellow hacker or robot.
- Discuss any items for which there was not time during the meeting.