Meeting Notes 2011 03 15
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
== Agenda ==
== Agenda ==
[https://www.noisebridge.net/wiki/Category:Meeting_Notes The Meeting of Noisebridge]
Latest revision as of 22:45, 15 March 2011
 Introduction and Names
- What Noisebridge is about: "Noisebridge is a 501c3 nonprofit that provides a space for creation, collaboration, and learning about technology and creative projects. Noisebridge provides space, power tools, and infrastructure to help the public learn new skills and create cool things. Noisebridge continues to exist through and depends entirely on membership dues and donations. Our code of conduct is 'Be excellent to each other'."
- Round of introductions: What's your name, what do you do, and if you are new, how did you hear about Noisebridge? Start with the moderator and go left.
- A brief primer on consensus process: We agree and so should you! Only paid-up members can block consensus.
 Financial Report
Funds in bank: $17,469.05
 Membership Binder
- Read off any names from the binder for the past month.
- Anyone up for join this week should introduce themselves then leave the area in search of gifts (traditionally beer and a lime) for the rest of the group. The rest of the meeting should consense on whether they may join.
 What's Going On at Noisebridge
One short sentence about each of the following:
For locations at Noisebridge, see a map of the 2169 location of Noisebridge.
- Circuit Hacking Mondays (Monday, 7PM, E Lab)
- iPhone OS developer weekly meetup -- (Monday, 6PM, A. Church) Meetups are becoming increasingly well attended, interested Noisebridge folks are encouraged to sign up at http://meetup.com/iphonedevsf , as that is where any important announcements and discussions take place. Contact Nickthedude with any questions.
- Tastebridge cooking class - (Mondays, ~5PM, NoiseKitchen)
- Pyclass - Mondays (Monday, 6:30PM, A. Turing) Working On Django now.
- django study group - Tuesdays 12:30 to 3 PM turing classroom (install, modify django)
- linux study group - Tuesdays 3 to 6 PM turing classroom (sys adm skills)
- Ruby_class (Tuesdays, 7.00pm, A. Church) - Covering databases for the next few weeks.
- Probability (Tuesdays, 7.30pm, A. Turing)
- Tastebridge culturing - (Wednesday, ~6PM, NoiseKitchen)
- Linux Discussion Group - Wednesdays, 6 to 8 PM, Turing classroom (talk, play with linux, meet up)
- GameDevelopment - (Wednesday, 7PM, E Lab/Main Hall]]
- SCoW craft group - (Wednesday, 7PM, SCoW area)
- Machine_Learning - (Wednesday, 7:30PM, A. Church)
- django study group - Fridays 12:30 to 3 PM turing classroom (install, modify django)
- linux study group - Fridays 3 to 6 PM turing classroom (sys adm skills)
- Spacebridge - (Sundays, Main Hall)
- Knots, Go, and Locks! - (Sunday afternoon, Main Hall)
- Second Saturdays are Noisebridge Cleanup days.
- Five Minutes of Fame
- Bay Area Hackers Association - (Second Sunday, 2PM)
 Project Updates
(Anyone doing interesting projects is welcome to chip in here.)
 Consensus items
(Add any new items for consensus to the Current Consensus Items page.)
 Discussion Items
- Deferring discussion of the ban consensus for a few weeks. Will be rescheduled. Please email User:Hurtstotouchfire if interested.
 End of Meeting
- PGP Key Signing could happen now, check the list to see who wants in on the action.
- Put back the membership binder by the Shrine.
- Save the meeting notes to the wiki.
- Send a copy of the meeting notes to the discussion list.
- Copy the Meeting Notes Template for next week's agenda and update the main wiki page's link to it.
- Enjoy a cocktail with your fellow hacker or robot.