Meeting Notes 2010 08 10
(fixing meeting number to 122nd.)
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
The Meeting of Noisebridge
== Crew ==
== Crew ==
Latest revision as of 13:45, 30 November 2010
The 122nd Meeting of Noisebridge
Get someone to grab the membership binder now. Get someone to take notes.
Welcome! Kelly == moderator. Note-taker == mrdomino (whoo!) == notes-virgin.
What's Noisebridge? Hacking. Shit. Community. Hackers. Hack things. Formal organization. Community. Where did Shannon's facial hair go? Oakland. Looted.
New people == coddled.
Quote of the day: "Someone told me to come to 2169", "Are you sure they meant mission street?"
Welcome to 2169
- What noisebridge is about
- We are excelent
- Who's here?
- Do the names, it's important.
- Tres. report
- Where the fuck is Jeffrey? - A: Mexico - We have no idea how much money we have. We believe that Jeffrey is in hiding. Cash flow negative or positive -- who knows?! No danger of losing our space, but we could become in danger of losing our space. Money is not going to the Camen Islands. Membership autopayment: . Currently we have $6000 (< $15000). Check your autopayments! Paypal are wankers. - Jeff planning to catch up on duties in next $interval, but not going for reelection. - Nominations for treasurer? Rubin! Volunteers: talk to Andy. - Noisebridge federal reserve: noted. Proposal -- Azi: trunk show fundraiser. Rubin: Club Mate. Half-bottle on ebay. - Post to noisebridge-discuss! Be inflammatory!
- membership binder
- Done. No members. :(
 Introduction and Names
- Anyone new to the meeting/space should stand up and say something cool.
- What Noisebridge is about: We make stuff and so can you!
- A brief primer on consensus process: We agree and so should you!
- Calling the cops and Noisebridge participants.
- Noisebridge has no official policies. However, we do enjoy drama. - Summary: *take other people's perception of excellence into account before we call the cops.* - But you totally can if you want. But don't be a dick. But I mean, you know, it's... if you're really sure it's necessary - If someone's setting something on fire - Depends on what? - Don't be a dick.
 Financial Report
Funds in bank: ~$6000
There is no active treasurer. We don't really know who's a paid-up member, whether members are being reminded, etc. Someone should step up and do this.
 Membership Binder
- Clean up binder pages, remove pages of any approved members into the records binder.
- Read off any names from the binder for the past month. (edit this step to include current checkmark system)
- Anyone up for join this week should introduce themselves then leave while the present group comes to a Consensus about their membership.
 What's Going On at Noisebridge
One short sentence about each of the following: (Ideally delivered by the *moderator*)
- Circuit Hacking Mondays (7PM, 2169) - awesome
- Tuesday general meeeting - woot!
- I/phone development discussions (please link and add in time here) - we would like someone from this group to come
- BACE working group on Monday evenings http://timebank.sfbace.org/ - conceptual money
- Python Mondays (6:30 PM, 2169) - Happening??? Matt's interested.
- Pydude is busy right now. If you want to come here on Mondays, go for it.
- Linux system administration certification study group 3 PM to 6 PM (turing) (Monday/Friday)
- Yup, weekly. - Red Hat certification book. Going through different items. Boxes installed in the rack. Mondays, Fridays.
- Linux discussion group 6 PM to 8 PM (turing) (day?)
- Machine Learning (please link and add in time here)
- We doing this these days? Mailing list: ml@
- Tastebridge (Taste bridge usually meets for planning following the Tuesday meeting)
- Cooking classes before meetings on Tuesdays! ~4 or 5pm
- SCoW craft group - Wednesdays at 7PM
- GameDevelopment - Wednesdays at 8PM, back from Berlin(? please edit) and 2010 class is in session
- Programming_for_Poets Gentle introduction to Processing; most Thursdays at 8 if !(Currently on Hiatus)
- Sensebridge and the EEG group - Sundays at afternoonish (1-2ish) - come to try brain scanning
- Spacebridge - Sundays at 5PM
- Knots, Go, and Locks! - Sundays 3PM
- D&D Sundays: A group has been holding campaigns in Church on Sundays for the last month at least.
- Would like someone to show up at the meeting.
Android Development - More mailing list chatter => robot army revolution!
Darkroom - last bits of construction! Duct work, sink => plumbing. Expected date: a lot sooner than the last time we said it was soon.
- Also, we have a C41 machine. Develops color film! whoaaaa
- Things you find in bottles in the dark room should not be disturbed. No mercury.
- mailing list: exists
- SC2!!!!!!! Saturday: ~5pm til ???
- We would like somebody from this group to figure out wtf
* Email Aestetix a title. Next Thursday! Make a fool of yourself! Still accepting talks.
Trying to find a time:
- Bay Area Hacker's Association monthly or fortnightly meetings.
- Baha: gonna do cool stuff with camoflage. Surveillance techniques and stuff. Second Thursdays!
 Project Updates
- Your mother was a build out.*
- Things happening! Recent post in publicly archived list re: shit we need done
 Consensus items
 Discussion Items
 End of Meeting
- PGP Key Signing could happen now, check the list to see who wants in on the action.
- Put back the membership binder.
- Save the meeting notes to the wiki.
- Send a copy of the meeting notes to the discussion list.
- Copy the Meeting Notes Template for next week's agenda and update the main wiki page's link to it.
- Enjoy a cocktail with your fellow hacker or robot.