|Line 84:||Line 84:|
Revision as of 18:46, 24 August 2014
Herein lies the Noisebridge Manual. It is an ever-changing tome that strives to answer an unanswerable question: How the heck does Noisebridge really work?
This is not general advice for fixing things. If something at Noisebridge isn't working and it needs fixing, then check out Help.
Are you new to Noisebridge? Have you been coming here for years?
Either way, you should really read up on what we're all about.
- Noisebridge Vision - What's it all about?
- About - An incredibly broad description of some of our more grandiose mechanisms
- Testimonials - In your own words, what is Noisebridge?
- Oral histories about Noisebridge
Visitors and Guests
- Getting Here - How to actually find the space...
- Getting In - And what to do when you arrive
- Visitor advice - Some advice on what you're getting into
- Community Standards - What we expect from each other
- The Neighborhood - What's in the neighborhood around 2169 Mission
- Docents - What it means to greet a newbie at the space
- Do-ocracy - One of our guiding principles
- Consensus Process - How decisions are made within the community
- Membership - How membership works at Noisebridge
- How to join Noisebridge - Another view on how membership works
- FractalWorkingGroup - Our pattern for getting things done without dragging it to the Tuesday Meeting
- Community Standards - How to not fuck up at Noisebridge
- CommunityWorkingGroup - Bringing the Noisebridge community together to create a better space for all.
Staying in touch
- IRC - Its full of bad jokes and robots that go quack
- Slack - IRC on steroids. Invite only.
- Mailing list - A lot of e-mails and stuff. They've got a trove of historical archives!
- Noisebridge-discuss-faq - How to not fuck up on noisebridge-discuss
Day to Day operations
- Safety - Preventing those old school hardhat accidents.
- House keeping - Weekly chores and other vitals
- Access Control - Discussion about how physical access is handled
- Meeting - Noisebridge meets every Tuesday evening
- Hosting an Event
- Stickers - The ubiquitous stickers and how to restock our supply
- Resources - An overview of the resources, equipment and projects in the space
- Network - Our IP transmission infrastructure (Internet Protocol here of course; not Intellectual Property!)
- Secretaribot - Used to do some secretary things for us but then died
- User:Phong - The new sheriff in town
Things we do
- 83c - Noisebridge's first location
- FloorFinishing - How our floor was finished in 2009
- Category:History of Noisebridge
|This document is part of the Noisebridge Manual|
|Infrastructure - Things we do - The Prologue - Getting along - Day to Day operations - Staying in touch - Lore - Inner Mechanizations - Visitors and Guests|
|View or edit this template|