Linux System Administration class
System administration topics include
- managing users, groups, and permissions
- monitoring and managing storage and file systems
- understanding the Filesystem Hierarchical Standard
- monitoring and managing processes
- installing and configuring server software
- configuring and updating XOrg X11 GUI systems
- installing and configuring devices, firmware, and modules
- kernel tuning
- writing shell scripts
- command-line essentials
Most of the above topics require a sequence of two or more classes for completion. Such class sequences are progressive, and success requires attendance for all classes in the sequence.
Each topic stands alone; there are no dependencies among them. The assumption is that attendees are at least familiar with command-line shells.
Because command-line skills are generally required, the command-line essentials class (a one-class introduction) will be repeated.