An Introduction to Linux
We now offer a 101 class for anyone just getting into Linux for the first time! No Experience Necessary, nor is it expected!
- Learn how Linux is similar and different from Microsoft Windows and Macintosh OSX.
- Get hands-on experience using Linux and Open Source software on either your own, or our, computers!
- No software installation is necessary.
- All students and software will be given equal respect.
- No question is too stupid!
- We meet in the classroom reserved at the times & days listed.
- Full connectivity is available via wireless internet, hardwire internet, a projector, and whiteboards.
We encourage new people of all user levels to join in.
You most likely already use Open Source and Free Software without even knowing it. Firefox and OpenOffice are two very popular, commonly used Open Source applications! Imagine if your entire computer could be run on that same level of free, high quality software! We'll show you how.
Meeting time and location
When is this class? On Tuesdays from 18:30 to 20:00 You are welcome to arrive early!
For discussion and announcements, use the Noisebridge-discuss