Revision as of 23:53, 7 September 2010 by SpammerHellDontDelete
Kiang is a round tabletop computer for general use.
- Zytouch capacaitive touch screen built into it, and a small x86 embedded system underneath that..
- VIA Eden board with a code name 'Esther' processor on it. It clocks at 400mHz but cat /proc/cpuinfo shows it may be able to go up to 1Ghz (with active cooling?)
- there are faster drivers than the default vesa setting in the xorg.conf file. they should be installed now
- wifi card
- Ubuntu 10.04 installed on a 3.5 IDE drive. The generic install works fine out of the box, but optimizations for an older memory and speed limited system would never hurt.
- The openchrome Xorg driver works well with the VIA eden board. The Ubuntu package is called xserver-xorg-video-openchrome
- make list above more specific
- It needs some Zytouch driver love, which may come from here: http://www.mega-nerd.com/erikd/Blog/CodeHacking/zytouch-driver.html