Hosting an Event
We're happy to host teaching and co-operative events at Noisebridge. There's no charge, though please consult and respect the many others working in the space. Here are some suggested guidelines for hosting an event at Noisebridge, whether its a short workshop, a regular hackathon, or a bigger unconference-style event.
- It's recommended that involve at least one Noisebridge member as part of your planning to see that you avoid common pitfalls when working with Noisebridge. Ask around the space for a member, or ask on the discuss mailinglist. You don't have to be a member to start an event though!
- Publicize the event via the 8PM Tuesday meeting, this Wiki, the Noisebridge discussion mailing list, google calendar (to gain administrative access to the calendar, post to the discuss mailinglist and someone will add you), and the Noisebridge IRC channel, with enough lead time that the community can respond and give feedback.
- Be aware of the existing ongoing events and try to work around them, even if they're not in your part of the space. Some events like 5MOF and work in the shop can be noisy!
- Have a plan for setting up the space.
- Have a plan for cleaning up after yourself (and follow it).
- Consider asking participants for a monetary donation to Noisebridge during your event. We have a recommended one minute preamble for event organizers to say at the beginning of their meetings. It explains how we work, and how your visitors can help keep Noisebridge going.