Hosting an Event
Here are some suggested guidelines for hosting an event at Noisebridge. If it's an hour or two long workshop with a dozen or so participants, just get a member to host it. If it's bigger, such as an unconference or a full day of presentations or you expect a lot of new people to show up, please note the following:
- It's recommended that you have a Noisebridge member or several as part of your planning committee to see that you avoid common pitfalls when working with Noisebridge.
- Publicize the event via a Tuesday meeting, this Wiki, the Noisebridge discussion mailing list, google calendar, and the Noisebridge IRC channel, with enough lead time that the community can respond and give feedback.
- Be aware of the existing ongoing events and try to work around them.
- Have a plan for setting up the space.
- Have a plan for cleaning up after yourself (and follow it).
- Consider asking participants for a monetary donation to Noisebridge during your event.