Vegan Grocery list for Toorcamp 2009. Reminder: RV only has stove top and microwave. And yes, there is a small fridge. Campfires presumably will also exist though?
We have roped some nice girl into cooking for us. Presumably we will do some vague meal planning (or I will at least because I am hungrymonster eatsalot - K) so if you have easy vegan recipes that can be made in quantity, please speak up.
Things to get
- Vegan marshmallows!
- Pancake mix (need a recipe for vegan pancakes - not my forte) apparently this one is good and needs tons moar cinnamon! http://www.recipezaar.com/Vegan-Banana-Pecan-Pancakes-224147
Miloh Got some vegan mix at Rainbow 6/27
- hot chocolate mix **STILL NEED**
- gochujang (this sounds good, didn't get any--miloh)
broght a bottle of siraccha, totally random
Miloh got a liter of some Aloha Soy sauce *
Miloh: got a 25lb of Jasmine rice, 2009 crop
- quinoa! its a complete protein!
- maybe some noodles?
Miloh got masses of sliced dried shitake *
- sweet potatoes or yams
- coconut milk
Miloh got 3 2800mL restaurant size cans of coconut milk -- not enough, * Camo has 1 can, will pick up more today
Miloh got lots of fry chips and stuff for making Night market foods.. Indonesian tempeh chips, cassava chips, and super titi13
- some vegan ribs, burgers (assuming refrigeration)
Miloh got packs of companion jerky and mushroom mutton, only enough for about 20 people, after extended in a meal Miloh got lots of chinese vegan/tarian meat packs *
- canned black beans/red beans
Miloh: 3 things of dry red beans...
- oils (olive, veggie)
Miloh got 2 gallons of corn oil for the cantina* Camo will bring her olive oil
- potatoes (for breakfast or fries)
- soup bouillon cubes
Miloh got a lb of Rainbow VeganStock (is it vegan or vegetarian, can someone check this?) Also a lb of NYF
- stuff for a stew (carrots, onions, potatoes, seitan or tofu, turnip)
- greens (kale, spinach)
- dark chocolate
- nut butter of some type
Things Camo can bring for you
(Please say thank you to my grandma. She gave me grocery money! :D <3 )
- 4 containers of Viso
- 1 box Koala Crisp cerial
- Oat bran
- Hemp powder
- Wheat gluten and nutritional yeast for making seitan :)
- some Odwalla bars
- misc noodles (soba, potato noodles, rice noodles)
- vegan Nutella
- peanut butter for curry
Seattle. City of Grocerytunity:
- Brought lots of donut and bagel making yeast & flour. Donuts and bagel night!
- supplies for vegan curry or tagine curry and tagine (Note: I have curry powder, chana masala, and coconut milk for curried things - Camo)
- Many pounds of Oats.
- remember I have f-bomb tons of NYF for you flakeheads
- Lots of spices and toppings.
- Sugar, lemons mate and black tea
- 'Mushroom Mutton' I mean, have you shopped at New Mei Wah? Mushroom Mutton!?! Wow. It will be delish.