Elements of Image Making
Elements of Image Making: Alternative Optics, Processes & Techniques
November 4th, Sunday 4pm! We returning better then ever, and kicking off our new form with a workshop on Hand Processing!!!!!!!!!!!
Every 4th Sunday
Participants are encouraged to bring any materials they think would be interesting to work with, including any aged film material or stock, but especially markers, paint, stamps, translucent objects or scratching elements, anything that may hold an interesting presence on film. All editing materials, projectors, and tools necessary will be provided.
- Film and processing
- Inks, dyes and markers
- Scratching tools
- Some Markers / sharpies; multi-colors
- Cyrstal dust. bug parts. tiny fish. reptile skin.
- Hole punches
- Sandpaper, brillo pad, steel wool
- Projectors and editing tools/supplies
Facilitated by :
- Eric Stewart
- Tod Green
- Helen Hill's Recipes for Disaster is a zine featuring lots of filmmakers from N. America talking about various direct film techniques. Super Awesome!
- Film Farm Canadian independent imaging retreat operating for 20+ years.
- HandmadeCinema.com Interactive concept map about the history, theory and techniques of handmade film.
- Handmade Film Institute Situated outside of Boulder Co, hosts classes, workshops and retreats in handmade film processes, also features a plethora of technical info on darkroom chemistry.
- delicious.com/jihalprin List of resources/articles about DIY cinematography; light meter use, optics, sound recording, processing....
- Scratchatopia Montreal based filmmaker Steven Woloshen's Tumblr. Links/articles/awesome!
- Antidote for a Virtual World by Ken Paul Rosenthal Comprehensive guide to hand processing reversal film.