This will be where stuff about chemistry goes. Feel free to edit as you like; I'm starting with lists of reagents and glassware that I will be bringing, and will add photos later today.
All items are 24/40 standard taper unless otherwise specified. Some items are not glassware, but are used in reaction setups.
- Liebig condenser, 200mm
- Allihn condenser, 200mm
- 3-neck 500mL round-bottom flask
- 500mL round-bottom flask
- 250mL round-bottom flask
- 100mL round-bottom flask
- 50mL round-bottom flask
- 2x50mL round-bottom flask with distiller arm (not standard taper)
- Addition funnel, 125mL
- Separating funnel, 100mL (not standard taper; use a 1-hole stopper for an adapter)
- Stillhead adapter
- Vacuum adapter
- Claisen adapter
- 0-360 degree thermometer
- 500mL beaker
- 250mL beaker
- 2x200mL beakers
- 40mL beaker
- 500mL Erlenmeyer flask with vacuum adapter (not standard taper)
- Buchner funnel
- 100mL graduated cylinder
- 10mL graduated cylinder
- 10mL burette
- Evaporating dish
- Aquarium pump with hoses (attaches to condenser for cooling it down)
- Test tubes, various sizes, lots of them
- 1 gallon methanol
- 1 gallon phosphoric acid
- 1 gallon hydrochloric acid, 12M
- ~1lb potassium hydroxide
Things that are broken but could be fixed
- A 500mL round-bottom longneck distillation flask with the distiller arm broken off. If someone has an acetylene torch, this could be repaired by fusing a glass tube onto it, or the hole could be sealed up and the flask used for a reflux reaction flask.
- A Liebig condenser, not standard taper, with part of the stillhead end in several pieces. Again, fixable with a hot enough torch.
- A vacuum aspirator with a bunch of pipe-fitting adapters. It works, but currently the adapters are on there really tight and I can't get them off. If someone has a plumber's wrench and a bench vise, this is easy to fix.