Adhacking's mission is to hack ad rates using nonprofit status to promote hackerspaces. There should be a major banner near every hackerspace in the world. Let's hack the planet one billboard at a time.
Here we can gather plans of how to best do this to promote particular hackerspaces with local banners and hackerspaces.org in general.
Ad Crowdsourcing Sites
- There are two sites that help with crowdsourcing funding:
- Matt Spergel did this successfully with FREE EDUCATION billboards promoting public libraries and educational technology.
- He got a picture of it up on Times Square:
- He found out that nonprofits get ridiculously cheap billboard rates.
- We can get hackerspace billboards up in the Bay letting people know about Noisebridge and Hackerdojo and Ace!
- There's lots of clever hackers who could come up with designs for billboards for hackerspaces or other cool ideas.
- List links to your ideas here and/or post them to the mailing list thread
- Matt Spergel said the rates were really low for nonprofit PSAs
- School Factory could help with nonprofit status for hackerspaces that don't have their own yet.
- Anyone who wants to spearhead aspects of this project can volunteer contact info here
- Alex Peake firstname.lastname@example.org I just suggested it and it sounds like lots of people have ideas!