Revision as of 02:26, 17 June 2012 by Eric Vinyl
When: Thursdays 5-7pm(ish) click to (re)schedule
- talk to Deaf people (note: lowercase 'deaf' is the physical condition; capital 'Deaf' is the social/cultural identification)
- different mode = fun
- talk clearly in noisy situations
- talk across a room without interrupting anyone
- talk through glass
- talk to temporarily mute people
If you're interested in learning (or teaching) how to sign, or just chatting in ASL, come on by.
- 9/23: Start working on music video interpretations, watch some good ones
- 9/2: Learn manual alphabet, handshape names, self-introductions and other basic words, and basic grammar overview. FIRST MEETING BONUS: Everyone who participates will get a yummy cookie!
 Materials needed for the group
Got any to donate?
- Signing Naturally vs. ASL "Green Books" - 1 copy per person? which series?
- 1 copy each of:
- Maybe also:
 Useful sites
- MIT CommTechLab ASL Browser
- "ASL University"
- WP: ASL grammar
- Signing Savvy
- Kentucky School for the Deaf videos
 Local meetups
- Thursdays 6-10pm, ASL Café 901 Wawona Street, SF
- 1st Fridays 6-8pm, Cafe Flore, Castro - Market & Noe, SF
- 2nd Fridays 7-10pm, Royal Ground Coffee, Downtown Berkeley